22 July 2009

Bite Me - 7.22.09


Sterling (pictured) and Matt, out to lunch at Texas de Brazil Express.

When Matt told me that he'd be going to lunch at Texas de Brazil Express, the new sandwich concept in Preston Center, he promised a good picture. Upon receiving the photos, I sent him a "What kind of sandwich did you get?" and he responded with the following - rather impressive, I dare say- evaluation of his meal:

"Sterling got the chicken and I got the pork, $6.95 menu price. Combo meal comes with chips and a drink, out the door for $10 each. Right in the target area for lunch diners I think, a little too high for me. You are paying for the higher quality of meat. They could have a wider variety of toppings in my opinion; the sauce selection was great though and the bread was good. It compares closely to an Eatzi's sandwich with fewer options. The set up and finish out is almost exactly a Chipotle style (efficiently move through a line, simple layout and fixtures).

Personally I think they will do well in Preston Center but I don't think they can compete everywhere, they don't have anything creative and new to offer (I would walk into Which Wich/Potbelly/Firehouse/Great Outdoors/etc if given the option).


It was crowded."


Wow! He never ceases to amaze me. I think he may just steal my thunder if I don't watch out.


Matt's "Organic Fire Roasted Pork Loin Sandwich" with Vickery's Jalapeno Potato Chips in the background... of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment