03 August 2009

Lunch at R&D Kitchen- 08.03.09


Chopped Chicken Mango Salad at R&D Kitchen (Credit: KellyP23, Via Flicker)


Mom and Austin were driving through Dallas today, being the loving daughter/sister that I am, I offered to meet them for lunch (sure beats leftovers and the conversation would be nice, too). I suggested R&D Kitchen, formerly Cafe R&D, of the Hillstone Restaurant Group. Located in Preston Center, Matt and I park right in front of R&D every Sunday and it had been far too long since I last enjoyed their friendly service, handsome So-Cal interior and consistently great food.

Today, I had the Chopped Chicken Salad ($16). As pictured above, it is presented as a colorful bounty pouring from its cornucopia of iceberg lettuce. The salad is composed of large diced chicken breast, sweet mango and jicama, with al dente Asian noodles, crunchy cabbage and chopped almonds, dressed in a spicy sesame-citrus vinaigrette. In my opinion, this is a wonderful summer salad - chilled, refreshing and perfectly spicy. Albeit, if you consume the entire salad you will no longer be in "summer" shape; it easily serves two people or one person for two meals (my preference).

As always, our service was cool and attentive, the dining room chic and impeccable. Although the price point is a little higher than my typical weekday lunch, R&D Kitchen is a great destination.


R&D Kitchen

8300 Preston Center Plaza
Dallas, Texas 75225
214.890.7900

No comments:

Post a Comment